The Master of Science in Nursing program at Georgetown University School of Nursing & Health Studies is designed to build upon and expand the knowledge and skills a professional registered nurse has developed during baccalaureate nursing education and practice. As advanced practice nurses, graduates are prepared to improve nursing and health care through expert practice and the advancement of nursing knowledge. Following program completion, students are prepared to sit for national certification exams.
Nursing@Georgetown uses some of the most advanced Web-based technology in the nation. Our unique approach to online education allows students to communicate with other students and receive close, personal attention from faculty and advisors from the convenience of their home. Our dynamic format to learning creates a highly interactive, personal environment that mirrors in-class learning. You will have 24-hour access to all required lectures and readings. You're always just a few clicks away from checking assignments, viewing documentary videos, and viewing professors' office hours.
The Nursing@Georgetown program offers the opportunity to earn a Master of Science in Nursing with specialized training in programs such as:
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Nurse Midwifery/Women's Health Nurse Practitioner
Nursing@Georgetown enables you to:
- Earn a Master's degree in Nursing from a renowned academic institution.
- Participate in Web-based learning in a live seminar environment.
- Work closely with Georgetown faculty to help place you in clinical sites as close as possible to your preferred location.
- Choose from a variety of specialized programs.
- Access your courses and review recorded sessions from anywhere, anytime.
- Learn from highly respected faculty and enjoy full Georgetown University student status, including access to campus facilities, events and the Hoya network.
All programs, including online, support Georgetown University School of Nursing & Health Studies' overall goal of preparing morally reflective health care leaders and scholars who strive to improve the health and well-being of all people with sensitivity to cultural differences and issues of justice.
Currently we are only accepting students from the following states: AL, AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KY, LA, ME, MD, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WI, WV, WY.